Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ready, Set, Relax

Today marks 38 weeks! Wowzers! Literally two weeks until our due date. To tell you the truth I am feeling awesome! Minus the constant, more aggressive Braxton Hicks life is good. We have a doctor appointment tomorrow and then were getting our car seats installed by the California Highway Patrol. I think seeing the car seat in our cars will make it even more real that baby girl is on her way!


I have been off of work for almost a week. Many said it would take some time to get used to the fact you don't have work to look forward to and the schedule but it took me about 5 seconds to get over that. I have been feeling stress free and happy! That will be another story when I have to go back to work :(

On my last day of work they threw a surprise baby shower! It was so awesome and out of the blue. My boss is awesome. It was filled with 20 close managers and directors I work with so it was nice to mingle and receive more gifts! I swear this little girl is SO spoiled and she isn't even here yet! I can't wait to see her in all the cute little outfits she has received. We are very blessed to have such great family, friends and co-workers around our lives. 




Other than that everything has been pretty low key. I have been catching up on some major sleep because we all know as soon as baby arrives sleep will be a thing of the past. It has been nice to be able to nap whenever I feel like it. It's also been nice to catch up on some much needed things that I put to the sidelines because of work.

So with only 2 weeks before baby girl arrives I decided it would be nice to maybe do some last minute stuff...who knows how much we will accomplish because like I have said before baby girl is on her own schedule. Since starting my maternity leave last Friday I say it hasn't been too bad. I'm excited to enjoy some major R&R.

Our list before baby girl arrives!

  • Pedicures
  • Go to watch the movie "Planes"
  • Have a candle light dinner at home
  • Cuddle, Cuddle, Cuddle
  • Farmers Market
  • Go swimming
  • Foot massages
  • Go to watch the movie "The Way, Way Back
  • Go to lunch by myself and enjoy some "alone time"


Yes, this is me at 38 weeks! Can you believe it. I still fit in my bathing suit from before pregnancy. Given, its a tad tight in the top part but heck I won't complain! LOL

I will keep on updating and catching up on blogs!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you are 38 weeks already!!!!?!? So excited for you!!

Lexi + Sarah said...

I know! Where the heck did time go?! I can't believe your girls are 6 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

You look great! I had 3 baby showers when I was pregnant. One from my family, one from work and one from church. Baby girl was spoiled before she ever got here for sure. But hey aren't girls suppose to be spoiled. :-)

Lexi + Sarah said...

Oh yes! Girls are supposed to be spoiled ;)

Mandee said...

I'm 39 weeks and still working! Would be nice to be off tho! Won't be long till we both have our babies in our arms!

katy said...

You look fantastic! I still fit in my suit too...it's so nice to not have to buy one you may never use again!
You are almost there, in the home stretch...this is when the days start to seem way too long, and you start feeling way too pregnant.

JustMe said...

So close!! So excited for you! Love the picture of you...you look gorgeous and happy :)

Mina said...

Woah, fastest pregnancy ever!! Can't believe in a couple of weeks you will have your baby girl in your arms!

Lexi + Sarah said...

Thank you ladies for the wonderful comments! Yes, it has felt like the fastest pregnancy ever!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila